Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:13:59 +0200
Anders Widman <andewid@tnonline.net> wrote:

>  Wow..  what  an  reaction  :).  Hans's  original message was that the
>  credits  were  not included with the distributed files, nothing else.
>  Or am I completely mistaken?

I interpret his original message as saying his software if licensed
under a derivative of the GPL that requires an "obnoxious" advertising
clause.

It makes the license open to various interpretation as to its legality.

Maybe the license is contradicatory with regard to adding new clauses.

Maybe the license is incompatable with the GPL, for the same reasons that the
original BSD license is.

He opened a can of worms

Glenn