defoma description

Is there some equivalent to defoma for other distributions?

How would you describe the defoma data that applications read?  Is it just
font configuration files or is there more?

I want to setup appropriate SE Linux policy for applications which defoma
files and want to not have it Debian specific if possible (surely other
distributions solve similar problems in similar ways).

Fonts really aren't my thing, so I'd appreciate some advice here.