Re: Introducing Alioth: SourceForge for Debian

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 01:13:03PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Have you looked at RT3?  http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/
>
> We have version 2 of it in Debian in the package request-tracker.
>
> It's a very nice system.  You can work with it on the command-line, by web,
> or by e-mail.  The default e-mail interface is not as powerful as
> control@bugs, but I believe that there are some contrib scripts to help it
> out.

request tracker is not a bug tracker.

That is to say "a helpdesk system, is not a software bug tracking system".

Reuest tracker is the "helpdesk system" category.

Similar, yet different. Different slants on things.

(for example, RT has "work queues", which dont really scale well
 to be for 1,000+ packages/projects)