Re: apt-get dist-upgrade problem

Roger Ward <roger.ward@natnet.com> writes:

> I understand SID is a bit unstable (thus Still in Development)...
> Any ideas what could be causing /usr/bin/du to be undeletable? I can't write a C
> program to delete it, I can't delete it by hand, etc.. I can't even move it to a
> different file (which i normally can do if a process has a lock on a file handle).

Is it marked immutable? What does 'lsattr /usr/bin/du' says?

If it is immutable and you don't remember marking it immutable then
you probaly have been hacked.

--
 Peter Makholm     |    According to the hacker ethic, the meaning of life
 peter@makholm.net |            is not Friday, but it is not Sunday either