Re: Freeze Please?

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 03:52:00PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
   * Since the BTS is already used for release coordination, it seems
     natural to me to have known security issues recorded in the BTS

No. The BTS is simply not designed for the purpose of keeping track of
bugs accross distributions. If you want that you need to redesign the
BTS first. (I don't mean hack on things like a "testing" flag. I mean a
fundamental redesign of what metadata is attached to the bug and the
options & interface for querying, filtering, and displaying the data.)

Mike Stone