Question about Debian and sourceforge

Dear James,

My name is Mike, and I am interested in setting up an interface between
debian and debian-sf[1]/gforge[2].

I would like your advice on the katie system, and how it could possibly
be integrated.

After the helpful and nice discussion on the #debian-devel irc
yesterday,  I thought I would follow up with a mail to you and these
lists.

The current sourceforge file release system is clunky and based on
using php web pages. The savannah[3] system is based on ssh, and is
simpler.
I have been thinking about porting the savannah code back to debiansf,
but think there is a better way, a fully automated file release system.

The debian changelog, dsc and .changes file contains all the
information needed to release a package and store the dependancies.

For testing, my project on introspector.sf.net that I want to migrate
to use debian-sf/gforge on objectweb[4]. I have been using dupload to
post my packaged to the the sf server, and it works great.[5]

Then next logical step will be to setup a a debian backend that will
take this packages from the incoming directory, download them, test
them, and put them into the sourceforge database. I have just gotten
access to the gforge cvs, and would like to start experimenting with
setting up a katie system to download packages, test them, and then
post them to the gforge system. This will bring a great advantage to
debian developers in the future.

I hope you support this suggestion.
thanks,
mike

[1] http://www.nongnu.org/debian-sf/
debian source forge, a debian packaging of the sourceforge release

[2] http://gforge.org/
gforge, the next generation

[3] http://savannah.gnu.org/
another branch of the sourceforge code, run by gnu

[4] http://debian-sf.objectweb.org/
a installation of debiansf, supports object brokers

[5] http://introspector.sourceforge.net/debian/incoming/
the introspector incoming directory.

=====
James Michael DuPont