Re: Adding ethernet driver to install?

Adam Kao <ack94598@yahoo.com> writes:

> I am installing Linux to a machine with a new and obscure ethernet
> card.  I could not find it in the Install Kernel and Driver Modules
> section.  However I went to the manufacturer website and downloaded a
> linux driver (it is a .tar.gz file).  How do I put this on the driver
> diskettes or get it into the Install Kernel and Driver Modules
> section?

This is a question for debian-user, however, I think you should be
able to drop in to a shell after the "install kernel and driver
modules" step and load it manually (see the insmod manual page,
example usage: 'insmod /path/to/driver.o').

After the installation, you can install the module by copying it to an
apropriate directory under /lib/modules/<kernel-version>.

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Dru@ICQ        | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc