Re: Policy on bugs present on sarge/woody

Hi *!

Am 2003-09-11 13:53 -0300 schrieb Gustavo Noronha Silva:
> We're very well taught on how to deal with bugs taking unstable
> as target, but there's no documentation, as far as I can remember,
> that explicitely serves as a reference for developers and users
> behavior when dealing with testing/stable bugs.

Regarding fixing bugs in stable: this is explained in the Developer's
Reference 5.5.1, isn't it?

Neither the policy nor the Developer's reference talk about updates to
testing. IANADD yet, and do not have much experience neither, but
isn't - or shouldn't be - testing-proposed-updates for this? This
archive exists, it is just not very populated (main currently contains
two packages).

Perhaps this point could be added to the developer's reference...

Have a nice day!

Martin
--
Martin Pitt