Re: Done (was Re: [mass bug filing?] Short descriptions being used as long descriptions and other policy violations)

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 10:59:26PM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 10:36:24PM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> >
> > Just a note to all developers that I have sent the bugs (734) related to
> > this policy violation. I hopefully have provided enough information in the
> (...)
>
> And, just for the record, I didn't check that the policy section has
> changed numbers in the latest policy (3.6.1.0). Maintainers, please read
> section 3.4 and 5.6.12, specially the following related extended
> descriptions:
>
> "   The description field needs to make sense to anyone, even people who
>    have no idea about any of the things the package deals with."
>
> So before closing the bug automatically consider if a normal user, with no
> technical knowledge whatsoever can understand what your package is about
> just reading the extended description.

A normal user, or a normal user of the package ? Would adding a : "if you
don't understand this description, then the package is not for you" line
solve this to your convenience ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther