Re: Access to an ARM system?

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:45:10PM -0700, Marc Singer wrote:

> So, you want the Jabber server installed on an ARM system so that you
> can connect to it and either a) verify that it crashes, or b)
> demonstrate that it doesn't.

That's about the size of it.

> If this is so, then I can do this for you and give you a routable
> address to the ARM machine.  Do you need to be able to do anything
> *on* the ARM?  I think I can get ssh and some other utilities running
> on it.

Only if it crashes.  Then I might need strace and maybe build
dependancies to try a new build with pth2.  However, these can also
probably be worked around.

> Still, let me be clear.  I am using a Sharp KEV7A400 for some embedded
> systems development.  I have a script that produces stripped-down
> filesystems for the target using the Debian package archive.  It isn't
> hard for me to add programs to the filesystem, but I need to know
> exactly what has to be there since this isn't exactly an 'apt-get
> install' situation.

Ahhh, now I understand.  Well, simply adding the Jabber package and
seeing if it will start on the system should be enough.  Shouldn't need
to change any config files for the test.  Once it's running I'd simply
need an IP that I can connect to port 5222 on to send some tests.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar