Re: Debian conference in the US?

On Thu, 22 May 2003 12:20:39 -0500
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

> 	Let me clue all of you in: anyone who takes a stand and tries
>  to hurt the US economy, I see as a taking action inimical to me, and
>  my loved ones, and I do *NOT* see that as friendly action.

What you say is just bad, bad, bad, and you should be ashamed.

In the least it implies you personally are only friendly with people
when you are taking their money. In other words, you dont have any true
friends.

On the Australia-US trade deal thats being worked on.
If it worked out to be better for Australia than for the US, would you
bear a grudge against all individual Australians ?
If it was more benificial to the US would you be friendlier to
Australians ?

If your countrymen share that sort of attitute it explains why the USA
is in so many wars.

There is a layer of abstraction been government and people, any action
by or against your government is not necesarily an action from or against
individual US'ians.

I hope you can see the obvious flaws in your comments, and can learn
from your mistakes.

Glenn