Re: Answers to "Why is package X not in testing yet?"

Anthony Towns wrote:
> Since trophy depends on some of the packages from the new clanlib,
> when it's put into testing without the packages from clanlib, it's
> not installable. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Ah, of course. I've changed the output to show dependencies before
uninstallables, when applicable. Checking trophy now says:

* trophy is waiting for clanlib
* clanlib is waiting for libvorbis
* Adding libvorbis makes 70 packages uninstallable on alpha: adonthell,[..]

> No - the count is just for that arch; the difference is that the list
> only includes packages that previously were installable. Packages that
> weren't installable and still aren't aren't listed, nor are packages
> that weren't installable but are now.

I see. I guess that means this number is not very relevant for my script. I'll
display the size of the list instead, showing the number of packages made
uninstallable by adding the particular package we're looking at.

--
Björn