Re: Announcing Debian Package Tags

On 28-Apr-03, 12:51 (CDT), David Roundy <droundy@abridgegame.org> wrote:
> I would hope that rather than such generic terms, one could specify more
> specific tags for highly specialized packages and have these tags imply a
> certain degree of specialization.  So this way a user interested in a
> specific specialization would be able to browse

One can search/filter on both the tags and the description. If that
doesn't kick up the appropriate packages, then I suggest that the
descriptions for those packages need to be fixed. Tags that apply to
only a few packages are probably too specialized (heh).

Alternatively, if people decide that "field of use" is a legitimate
category for tags, then "specialized" is probably not the correct term;
at least that's not what comes to my mind.

Steve
--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net