Re: [desktop] RFC: Needed Initiative for Debian-Desktop: Module Autorebuilder

>On Sat Mar 29, 10:17pm +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > > assembled to create a system that will at least attempt to
> > > automagically build all kernel modules for all archs on which they are
> > > known to work, and the various optmized i386 "archs".
> >
> > That is what I did a while ago,
> > http://people.debian.org/~blade/modules-i386/.
>
> This isn't what the guy's talking about, right? (He seemed to be talking
> about doing it for all sorts of architectures, whereas only i386 is at
> the URL you pointed to?)

Precisely. An auto-builder. You only have the debs fromm 2.4.18, which are
definately nice to have around, but im running 2.4.20 now, and many others
are running 2.4.20-1. If there was an autobuilder we could all just nab
our modules and be on our way instead of waiting for them to be rebuilt
by hand. Any problems that did occur would then be expidited so that they
could be quickly fixed.

-Rob J. Caskey