Re: Wicked things happening while dh_shlibdeps (regresssion?)

W liście z wto, 18-02-2003, godz. 01:45, Matt Zimmerman pisze:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 11:53:43PM +0100, Grzegorz B. Prokopski wrote:
>
> > The direct reason of failure is that dh_shlibdeps is asking dpkg -S
> > to look for /usr/lib/./libffi.so.2 and /usr/lib/./libltdl.so.3.
> > Note the additional "./" which causes dpkg to fail finding the
> > packages these libraries belong to.
>
> My first suspect would be the RPATH in usr/bin/sablevm:
>
> mizar:[/tmp/t] objdump -x usr/bin/sablevm| grep RPAT
>   RPATH       /usr/lib/.
You're right, that seems to be the problem. Or rather a result of
the problem. I still don't know whether the broken thing is:
- sablevm source (which used to work well a month ago)
- some part of tools used in the process

If it's the former - then I'll bug upstream.
But I'd rather say it's sth. w/ the tools the package uses to build.
I don't have much experience w/ autotools or libtool (that's why I
tagged the bug "help"). I doubt it's debhelper or dpkg fault (I checked
on woody system, and dpkg is not finding for ex. the package the
/usr/lib/./libgconf-1.so.1 library belongs to).

Can you help me narrowing the problem down?

				Grzegorz B. Prokopski

PS: It's strange that nobody else has seen such a problem in another
package... or maybe somebody has?
--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski <gadek@debian.org>
Debian http://www.debian.org/