Microsoft's new anti-Linux strategy

Yo!

Yes, that's just a subject line to make you read this...

Probably it's just a really odd version configuration of my
testing/unstable mix. I do
 - open galeon 1.2.7-6
 - type in download.microsoft.com
 - I'm redirected to www.microsoft.com/somewhere...
 - my X server goes kaboom.

X is 4.2.1-3
libc6 is 2.3.1-10

Anybody else can reproduce this? I just managed to do it twice, I'll try
again after I have rebooted the universe. I'll try not to reconfigure
anything, so if anybody is sufficiently bored, I can provide more
information.

cheers
-- vbi

--
No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for
signs of improvement.