Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 04:57:35PM -0800, Cardenas wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 08:05:21PM +1000, Alexander Zangerl wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:09:05 +0100, Peter Palfrader writes:
> > >This is under no circumstances acceptable behaviour from upstream.  Drop
> > >micq from Debian.
>
> Are you guys nuts? Upstream just wants their software to run
> optimally, and the maintainer refuses to do so. What's wrong with
> upstream informing users of the situation?

So what about doing so sending a mail to d-d, or d-users? Or just putting a
note in the sources to be distributed with the package?

Or what about putting himself on fuel and threatening with lighting himself on
with a matchbox?

Putting such a piece of code with the sole intention of produce a denial of
service, coded to avoid the maintainer checks is nuts. Is disrespectful with
our work, to say less.

But I am not putting myself on upstream's side... It is very difficult to say
who did worst...

mooch

--
Jesus Climent | Unix SysAdm | Helsinki, Finland | pumuki.hispalinux.es
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

Where are you going, Starfish and Friends?
		--Chad (Charlie's Angels)