Re: Bundling .debs (in a .deb?)

Steve Traugott wrote:
> Silly question -- if I'm bundling multiple .debs up inside another
> ..deb, which is the better place to put them:
>
> - in /tmp inside data.tar.gz, where they'll land in /tmp on the target
>   and be removed by the postinstall

NEVER use files in /tmp with predictable names unless you want to
be vulnerable to a simple symlink attack.

If you are creating a deb of debs, I'd opt for a multideb that
contains all files, scripts integrated into one single large
.deb instead of one large .deb file that contains more .deb
packages inside.  However, maybe I haven't yet understood what
you want to achieve.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Unix is user friendly ...  It's just picky about its friends.