Re: Bundling .debs in a .deb -- debconf issues

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 02:29:44PM -0800, Steve Traugott wrote:
> One thing I'm having doubts about -- the correct storage and execution
> of debconf values.  I'm thinking about debconf-show to extract them
> from the first machine and debconf-communicate to set them on
> subsequent target machines.  I don't want to just diff config.dat,
> because I don't want to assume debconf db format or location.  Is
> there a better way?

Ah-ha -- just found the passthrough frontend... docs for it are in
/usr/share/doc/debconf-doc/passthrough.txt.gz

(Speaks debconf-communicate protocol via a UNIX domain socket.  This
lets you write a robot which just sits there listening on the socket
for debconf questions, providing answers on demand.)

Steve
--
Stephen G. Traugott
UNIX/Linux Infrastructure Architect, TerraLuna LLC