debconf and "tty"

Hi all,

After using debconf, a script (mktexlsr) in postinst
stopped to output anything.

I'm not good at debconf nor shell script but as far as
I examined, it seemed the line like

  tty -s && echo "$progname: Updating $db_file... "

in mktexlsr failed in "tty -s" check under

   . /usr/share/debconf/confmodule || exit
   db_version 2.0

Is there any correct way so that mktexlsr outputs
useful information again without any problem ?

# I didn't want to modify mktexlsr itself ;)

Thanks,			  2003.1.8(Wed)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima