Re: Removing openuniverse in favor of celestia (keep a virtual package?)

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 01:54:30PM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> However, I have seen the popularity contest results and it seems to be
> quite popular. Should I create a package that just Depends: on Celestia to
> force the upgrade or should it just be removed from the archive?

Forcing the upgrade would deprive the users of options.  They might not
find out what happened until _after_ their package has been replaced
this way, and they might not have an old version around to downgrade to.

> Just wondering what other DD think should be done in this case.

I think just removing it is the best thing to do.  Then it will show
up as "obsolete/local" in dselect, and they can upgrade when they choose
to.  It would help to make celestia mention openuniverse in its
description, or conflict & replace with it.

Richard Braakman