Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

>  You mean Debian has difficulties finding 10 GB of online disk space ?

I know at least 20 mirrors in this Far Eastern country called Japan
alone, and I know they would not like it if the required amount to
mirror every day has risen by about 100MB/day.

Note that mirroring Debian aeems takes an order of 100MB/architecture/day,
which is rather high-cost in networking (the last time I calculated
it told me that you must have more than 32kbps/architecture to be able
to keep up a full mirror)

(/me goes over to debian-devel-changes directory and checks with
 awk '/^Files/,/^$/ {print $2; total=total+0+$2}END{print total}' )

A bare 4GB per architecture would not be enough, a bare 7GB sounds
more like it, and we do increase.

That said, I do like some optimized binaries, but I would
rather like it done like it is done in libssl and atlas and
other libraries. The infrastructure is available.

regards,
	junichi