Re: guaranteed non-interactive installation and upgrades

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 09:02:56PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Bastian Blank
>
> | if the maintainers won't do that, we need a policy paragraph to force
> | them.
>
> Would a policy-proposal forcing packages to use debconf for user
> interaction during installation get support?

i think it's a little heavy handed to do so, even if it would be
the best way to have uniformity of packages.  what i think would
be perfectly reasonable though would be to require the package
maintainers to at least respect the noninteractive frontend setting
if it exists.

	sean