Re: Planned mass-filing of bugs: java packages only depending on java-common

Ok, I should stop reading mail at 3am...

    Simon> I think the autobuilder argument is valid. Autobuilders
    Simon> need the classes, but not the VM. If at all, you can make
    Simon> the VMs depend on the core classes, so people can depend on
    Simon> the core classes for compiling and a vm for execution.

Yes, if the jvm depended on the -runtime that would address half the
depndency issue but that's putting the cart before the horse.  Having
java-compiler depend on java1-runtime might help but in at least two
cases that wouyld still result in a jvm being installed so why
complicate things?

--
Stephen

"If I claimed I was emporer just cause some moistened bint lobbed a
scimitar at me they'd put me away"