Re: KDEE3 question

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 08:28:20PM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Nope - the 3.0.x packages just were not ready to go into sid. Any
> package where the upgrade strategy is to purge the old and install the
> new just doesn't work. 3.1.x will be the first packages where upgrades
> from 2.2.x are clean.

Didn't know that. On my machine a simple update from 2.2.2 to 3.0.3
worked fine. :-)

> Not without revamping debian/control. I'm also somewhat ...
> uncomfortable about putting 3.0.x in. If you know why 3.1 has been held
> up, then you'll know that 3.0.x is quite possibly a worse choice than
> 2.2.x with regards to that issue.

Yes, I have to agree completely with you on this one. Had I known that
before I wouldn't have send my original mail. But then no one else did. :-)

I didn't mean to critisize anyone. My thinking was just how do we get
the best Debian possible.

Thanks for your explanations.

Michael

--