Re: Why DDTP? shouldn't it be DPTP? (was Re: spanish translations in DDTP now)

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 11:29:47PM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> I'm curious as to why was DDTP (Debian Documentation Translation Project)
                                         ^
					 Description

> was chosen for the project in helping translate, exclusively, the
> package descriptions in Debian.
>
> Shouldn't this be renamed to DPTP (Debian Packages Translation Project).
> As far as I know the DDTP has nothing to do with:
>
> - translating .po files in packages (for upstream maintainers)
> - translating documentation of the DDP
> - translating documents provided by packages (manpages, GNOME/KDE help
> pages...)
> - translating the installation system
> - translating the website

ok. Maybe we will change this to DTP (Debian Translation Project) in
remote future. I have this task (translation of .po files and man pages)
on my privat TODO list.

And for your information: the DDTP support already the translation of
the debconf templates of the debian-install system (this is in the
normal debconf part) and the server also support the description of the
normal package description of the udebs packages (didesc part). But the
last one is not used now.

> Please, Michael, don't use that name for the project. It's quite
> misleading (both internally and to outside of the Debian project) and
> should be changed.

I don't really see a problem. Read the FAQ or the ddtp.debian.org web
page and you will find the words 'Debian _Description_ Translation Project'.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"...und Windows ist ein Grafikadventure... Mir sind die Textadventures