update alternatives priorities

The man page for update-alternatives does not give a range for the
possible values for priority.

As a result, when I created a package for the lindowsos warehosue for
ibmjava2-jre, I used a priority of 99, assuming that 100 was the
maximum.

The problem arose when a user installed another jre, specifically the
jdk1.1 package, which called update-alternatives with a priority of
111.

I'm fixing our package for ibmjava2-jre, but the man page should be
clarified. Are there any accepted values to use with
update-alternatives? Is it listed in some other documentation
somewhere that I just didn't see?

thanks

  michael

--
michael cardenas       | lead software engineer, lindows.com
hyperpoem.net          | GNU/Linux software developer

"Every exit is an entry somewhere else."
- Tom Stoppard