Re: Package with non-free build-depends

Chris Leishman <masklin@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 01:09:54AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> <snip>
> > Look, if doxygen can be configured for your packages not using dot. Or
> > else include a "precompiled" version of the docs into your diff
> > file. Adapt your rules in a way, that it can fall back to the
> > precompiled version, if the graphviz package cannot be found.
>
> Thats essentially what I've done now.  Doxygen is nice enough not to
> crap out if it can't find dot, it just leaves out the images.  And if it
> does find dot, then all is good.
>
> I could include the gifs in the diff I guess - I just don't like the
> idea of bloating it that much....

You can also tell doxygen to forego use of dot altogether (whether
installed or not).  Just set HAVE_DOT=NO in the doxygen file.  It will
leave out any references and links from/to the gifs as well, so the
resulting documentation is not broken.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2