Re: [Agnubis] Packaging Agnubis for Debian GNU/Linux

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 02:08:50PM +0100, Amaya wrote:
> Andrew Lau dijo:
> > 	Does this offer sound fair to you?
>
> He doesn't need to be a Developer (or even want to become one) in order
> to package Agnubis.
>
> Maybe you could be his mentor and/or sponsor, or help him find one,
> instead of making him go through NM?

Dear Amaya,
	I'm in no position to sponsor his packages, since I'm still
awaiting DAM approval (11 months and counting). I was hoping that by
joining the NM process, he would be able to find a better candidate
(French speaking perhaps?) to help him learn the ropes of Debian (and
advocate/sponsor, if he takes the plunge). It's pretty much the best I
can do in my situation. I don't want to abandon my ITP on Agnubis
altogether if he's not committed, and the only measure I have to go so
far is a two month old unfinished ITP that happens to be an Agnubis
dependency. I'm more than happy to give an aspiring Debian developer a
break, since I know what's it's like starting out, not to mention
opportunities to package promising and prominent (GNOME-office in this
case) projects are rare these days.

Yours sincerely,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

* Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau    Computer Science & Student Representaive, UNSW *
*   # apt-get into it		      Debian GNU/Linux Package Maintainer *
*     <netsnipe(+)debianplanet.org\0>      <alau(+)cse.unsw.edu.au\0>     *
* GnuPG 1024D/2E8B68BD 0B77 73D0 4F3B F286 63F1  9F4A 9B24 C07D 2E8B 68BD *