Re: new build system

On 25 Nov 2002, Colin Walters wrote:

> I attempted to take some of these ideas, and adapt them to the Debian
> build system; in particular, debian/rules.  The result is currently
> called Colin's Build System, but don't let the name give you the

Oh, I like it.  I haven't used it yet, but the idea is very nice, for GNU
autoconf-ruled packages.

I'll have more comments when I've stretched it's legs a little, but for now,
I'd encourage all DD's (and other people who package) to have a look at it
and give it a go.  Hopefully at least a few people will take heed and make
their packages build a little nicer.

--
Matthew Palmer, Debian Developer
mpalmer@debian.org     http://www.debian.org