Re: NF Compromise - Alternatives Nagging + planned removal date warning

* Anthony DeRobertis

| The installer must already have the user set up his sources.list. The
| old boot-floppies asks a question about the use of non-free software;

This has nothing to do with boot-floppies.  It is apt-setup, which is
run from base-config.  boot-floppies/d-i is what gets run before the
first boo from hard drive, base-config is what gets run after.

[...]

| Good idea. We should add an 'apt-cache alternatives packagename' as
| well.

I've seen many «we should add X», while few people seem to actually do
what they suggest.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-