Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

Gah! Why'd he have to bring up biology?

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> To rely on gracious behaviour from other organisms is a losing
> evolutionary strategy,

Relying soly on gracious behaviour from other organisms yes[1], but it
doesn't necessarily mean that there is no selection for gracious
behavior in other organisms.

Altruism does have it's place in selection. [Although the altruism is
necessarily selfish...]

I'll stop with the OT now... ;-)

Don Armstrong

1: Well, possibly. I'm not willing to take a position one way or the
other... [and normally at this point, I'd be asking for references
from you to back your position up.]

--
I leave the show floor, but not before a pack of caffeinated Jolt gum
is thrust at me by a hyperactive girl screaming, "Chew more! Do more!"

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu