Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> In chiark.mail.debian.devel, you wrote:
>
> (snip stuff on behavioural evolution)
>
> If you have any evidence whatsoever to show that human behaviour such as
> altruism is genetically determined, I'd be fascinated to hear it.

Skyrms' work shows that it is quite possible for natural sorts of
evolutionary processes to produce stable social-contract type
interactions.  Whether you want to call this "altruism" or not is up
to you, but it does often involve people doing the "just" thing even
if it is to their own long-term disadvantage.