Debian future improvement

Hi,

There are 100's of reply the (Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?)  but
following are my personal view of Debian, Distributions like RedHat,
SuSE, Mandrake are playing well in the desktop and servers as well I
also used these three OS's but finally I settled down with Debian
because

The truth is out there I mean the power of Freedom and even Debian
doesn't hide anything from users I really appreciate it.

We can't stop people going to M$ Gentoo BSD Solaris or what ever but
what we can do is to increased the power of Debian by fixing the bugs,
writing docs and give help to newbie's because it takes little time to
feel the difference of all Linux specially Debian we don't have any
thing to show to users as M$ doing but the reality (true power is inside
which
M$ or other OS Doesn't have)

When it comes to installation it have to improve but do we want have a
GUI installation process? The console base is much butter than the GUI..
I think rather than improve on the sweet part the GUI, it's better to
improve the functionality of the OS the error handling and brings it to
the concepts on AI ( which gives where the error is and what to do
next..[expert system kind of thing])

While doing the above we can add utilities to KDE and Gnome I think with
in next 1-2 years KDE and Gnome will be very much effected to M$ 90% of
desktop users.

thanks
Chanka perera