Re: Ask yourself some questions

>>"Branden" == Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

 Branden> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 06:08:07PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> [...]
 Branden> That's not allowed; if you oppose the GR, you're supposed to
 Branden> pretend the Social Contract doesn't exist.  :-P

 >> Another sarcastic put down of the opposition. Way to go, Branden.

 Branden> I've contained myself for the most part.  In particular,
 Branden> I've tried to keep the earnest posts completely earnest, and
 Branden> saved the cynical jokes for their own messages.  I've even
 Branden> gone to the trouble of telegraphing my jokes more than usual
 Branden> (with stuff like "</South Park>"), instead of relying on
 Branden> people to grasp the (attempted) humor from context.

 Branden> If we sacrifice our senses of humor, we sacrifice our humanity.
 Branden> Personally, I ain't into human sacrifice.

	Humour does not have to be at the expense of other
 people. Especially humor at the expense of people who happen not to
 share your views really looks like something with an agenda.

	I suppose you take your position so seriously that any tool to
 demolish your opposition is acceptable, but this kind of scorched
 earth tactics do not leave things amenable to people finding it
 pleasant to work with you.

	However, I am in no position to tell you how to conduct
 yourself, and thus, after stating that these little sarcastic jibes
 of yours do have an affect, I am done.

	manoj
--
 Don't speak harshly to anyone. If you do people will speak to you in
 the same way. Harsh words are painful and their retaliation will hurt