On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 10:59:19PM +0000, Andrew M. A. Cater wrote:
> Get SPI to set up a separate archive e.g. "debian-non-dfsg" and a

This is a genuinely novel idea that I haven't seen yet.

Those that raise concerns about the time, effort, or resources it would take
to set up non-free outside resources of Debian might want to consider the
possibility of setting up a "non-free debs" project under the umbrella of
the SPI.  This GR is limited in scope to the Debian project.  Setting up
such a project under the SPI might allow some of the benefits you derive
from the "institutional inertia" of Debian (trusted names, expertise,
resources, etc.) while still providing most of the benefits of separating
out non-free.  I point out that we have already maintained multiple archives
& archive queues within Debian without too much difficulty for some time
now.

Anyway, this is just a brainstorm.  Maybe everybody will hate it; maybe
it'll be great -- I haven't really thought about it in detail yet.

-- John