On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 10:04:59PM -0800, Adam McKenna wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 11:53:30PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> [straw men/flamebait/semantics deleted]
> > Well, no:
> >
> > # Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software
>
> So I guess the question is which is the greater priority.  Do we sacrifice
> the needs of our users in order to serve Free Software, or do we sacrifice
> (well, nothing) in order to serve our users?

This is a gross mischaracterization of the argument.  For one thing, the
social costs of maintaining non-free have already been presented at
length.

> [remaining flamebait deleted]

It wasn't flamebait; I didn't understand some of the things you were
saying.

If you are compelled to resort to mischaracterization of the argument,
and of other people's statements in reply to you, then you are ceding
the debate to those who are capable of communicating rationally.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      The greatest productive force is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      human selfishness.