Re: [RFH] The need for signed packages and signed Releases (long, long)

I'm not a debian developer, but I'll jump in anyway...

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 08:42:05PM +0700, Robert Lemmen wrote:
> i think that it is very important that signed packages/releases are not
> only possible by the means of an optional package, but a standard and
> done by default. you smoetimes have to force people into their luck.
[snip]

While searching for something else I stumbled across this:

    http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/strong_distro.html

The text in there overlaps quite a bit with this thread - might be
useful?

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com        http://karl.jorgensen.com