Re: [desktop] lilo bootscreen

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 06:05:58PM +0100, Philipp Wolfer wrote:

> The bootscreen is available on http://debian.newswriter.org (Michael
> Renner made a nice deb package for it, which automaticaly patches the
> lilo.conf)

	Ouch. Against policy, a package cannot touch another's
configuration files directly (at least upon installation). Read
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-files.html#s-config-files

> I for myself don't use lilo anymore, I'm using grub now. If the patch
> for graphical menus will be added to the debian version I will perhaps
> create one for it.

	Please do, better yet, file a bug (no wait, that has been done:
116965 118701 121083) or send a patch (wait, already done: 118701). Better
yet, convince the maintainer to remove the 'wontfix' tag and fix it :)

	Javi