Re: Debian mailing lists loosing emails with MIME?

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 11:48:34AM -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > > I'm having problems with all Debian lists... they are simply making
> > > all emails I send disappear when they contain some kind of MIME.
> > > For example, my MIME-gnupg-signed emails are not reaching the list
> > > and any attachments I send are not reaching the list either...
> >
> > IIRC some BASE64-encoded emails were being dropped, but I'd have to look it
> > up. Make sure that your emails look normal and try again? :)
>
> hmmmm... could you check this email, please? I'm going to sign it... and
> look through the enconding preferences later.... let's see if this
> one reachs the list...

It did not, because as I suspected, you sent it BASE64-encoded.
I'm going to investigate if it's possible to remove such a harsh limit in
favour of something nicer; I suspect it was added to combat spam.

I suggest you fix your MUA to simply use plain text, no need to do all that
scrambling.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.