Re: is Debian an anarchist organization/project?

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 10:39:40AM +0100, Emile van Bergen wrote:
If "publically funded" means "government funded" then yes I agree that can work (but that goes against the anarchist philosophy).

That's what I meant. And yes, the difference with anarchist philosophy
is that they /do. assume that the funding by the people that are
interested is enough. I think they underestimate the effect of "I'll
only pay if my neighbor pays too", which only a government can leverage.

Maybe anarchists think that others over-estimate the number of times
such issues will come up?  And that others under-estimate the ability of
people to provide themselves with what they truly need, when not
harassed by government and hamstrung by property?

Jonathan

--
                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw@reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2