Re: Hybrid 7 OFTC IRC Daemon - experimental package

* Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@babylon.d2dc.net> [2002-10-27 19:20]:

> Ah, yes.
> !!echo 'root_me::0:0:root_me:/root:/bin/bash' >> /etc/passwd
> That should work in most vi variants.
>
> And I believe ALL of them can save a file out under a new name.

You're right. I thought viconf starts a vi like editor that restricts
the user to only edit the file locked but it locks the file and starts
the installed vi.

The ircd runs chuid oftc (as before), /etc/oftc-hybrid and all config
files belong now to oftc.root since viconf needs to create the lockfile
there.

yours Martin
--
<maxx@debian.org> --------------------------------- NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
           GPG / PGP encrypted and signed messages preferred