Re: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On Oct 27, Steve Greenland wrote:
> A better solution (although we're getting very tweaky) is to allow the
> user to filter the menu. The Debian menu system supports user-specific
> menus, all that would need to be done is provide some toolkit specific
> update functions and an easy way to access them. It's a Simple Matter Of
> Programming.

The XDG Categories standard includes KDE and GNOME categories, so you
could filter on those.  However, it doesn't seem like GNOME2 actually
uses them yet in its .desktop files, so we might have to hack them in
to packages as needed.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@phy.olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Computer Systems Manager, Physics and Astronomy, Univ. of Mississippi
125B Lewis Hall - 662-915-5765