Re: A Round of Removals

severity 148823 important
thank
Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org> wrote:
> On Oct 26, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> [...]
>> >  fcron
>> [...]
>> This had an upload on 8. October, which is supposed to fix the RC bug
>> (postinst loops infinitely on platforms with signed characters, like
>> PowerPC.) It looks like the only problem is that nobody has a PowerPC
>> at hand to verify the bugfix. If you do - please test and tag as
>> fixed, or close it.

> I no longer have a PPC box handy (upgrading to OS X on my OldWorld G3
> at work made it too much of a pain to dual-boot to bother
> with)... someone else will have to test it.

Grr. I wonder how a package with an upload two weeks ago meets the
criterium "effectively unmaintained packages". Could somebody please
elaborate? (This is no case of "a package has security bugs
that've been outstanding for four and half months").

I'll downgrade the bug to important
| a bug which has a major effect on the usability of a package,
| without rendering it completely unusable to everyone.

instead of grave
| makes the package in question unuseable or mostly so, or causes
| data loss, or introduces a security hole allowing access to the
| accounts of users who use the package.

It is no security bug and people on platforms without signed char can
perfectly use the package ("without rendering it completely unusable
to everyone").
          cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_