Re: "removed" archive & snapshot.debian.net

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Fumitoshi UKAI wrote:

> At Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:14:49 -0500 (CDT),
> Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
>
> > > see http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt
> > > and http://non-us.debian.org/~troup/removals.txt
> > >
> > I have, I appreciate the list, however I do not agree with all the reasons
> > for removals. I also see no package descriptions in the removals lists. If
> > I want to look at anything about packages other than their short reasons
> > for removal (or long if a bug is listed and not deleted) then I have to
> > manually get the package. How can I search "removed" package descriptions
> > in the Debian archives, removals.txt, snapshot? I can't without manually
> > getting the list of removed packages, putting the package names into
> > apt-get lines for snapshot, and then apt-get each of the packages.
>
> If such a removed packages is really required, adopt the package and maintain
> it by yourself or find some debian developers to maintain it.

You're unwilling to help me maintain the "Removed packages list" package?
;-) Well, I tried. I haven't yet had much time to work on my pitch so I'll
be off to my second choice.

I will be taking the list of removed packages and using snapshot to try to
grab the last versions of the packages and source. From there I'll try and
figure out how to arrange them into an archive. Would you be willing to
help me with any of that?

For those following these threads, I'm still waiting on approval from
sourceforge for the non-content part of my "removed" archive project as
they seem to have forgotten about the bug I filed.

     Drew Daniels