Re: Debian audits (qa, security, rough, performance...)

On Saturday 26 October 2002 06:55, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> I would like to call for there to be an audit team and I would like most
> popular packages to be audited first. Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@debian.org>
> 's "Debian Popularity Contest Results" at
> http://www.debian.org/~apenwarr/popcon/ may be a good place to look for
> figuring out package popularity. Debian-security and Debian-qa may be able
> to help with creating an audit team.

I thought about this recently.  What if we could get the http logs for
http.us.debian.org and data harvest them.  This should give us a fair
approximation of the number of people who use a certain package.  We could
even parse them by the country/location to see that Polish people prefer XXX
and Romanian's prefer YYY.  But on topic, this would help tell us which
packages get the most use.