Re: [desktop] Please read the vFolder spec [Was: why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks]

On Oct 25, Luke Seubert wrote:
> Meanwhile, I assume that Chris Lawrence's menu rewrite will be fully VFolder
> compliant.

The rewrite uses the Categories system from vFolder; however, the XML
vFolder file format is not used (yet).  I plan on allowing you to use
vFolder XML files to categorize applications, but the default
categorizer code doesn't use it.

Simplicity first.  XML ain't simple. ;-)

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@phy.olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Computer Systems Manager, Physics and Astronomy, Univ. of Mississippi
125B Lewis Hall - 662-915-5765