[desktop] formal Usability process

I'd like to humbly suggest a framework to
consider for measuring the user experience for
this subproject.

The details are at http://usertesting.isfun.net/

My experience with OSS development projects is
that the members of the project are reluctant to
have their products tested for usability and the
results reported back to them. The excuses range
from "Usability isn't valid" to "We are writing
this for ourselves, freinds and family and we
know what they want".

If you're truly interested in how people react to
a piece of software and aren't sure how to go
about measuring that, my framework may be of use.

Feedback welcome,

Thanks,
Robert Watkins

=====