Re: Menu system rewrite update (Aug 6 2002)

At Lindows, we just assumed that our customers would want something different
from most Debian users, so we went ahead and wrote a tool to post-process the
packages and change the menu entries to what we want.  We add desktop files
for all the executables, etc.  Quite a few other operations, too.

Anyone in the company can change the category of a package by editing a
database through a web interface.  I'm wondering if such a scheme might be
useful in a heterogeneous environment like Debian...