Re: Dock Apps packaging

Josselin Mouette <josselin.mouette@ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Le dim 04/08/2002 à 09:59, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry a écrit :
>
>> I currently run two dock apps -- wmmixer (I used to package it) and wmx10.
>> Most people I know who use them run 2 or 3.  Having 10, 20, more installed for
>> those 2 is plain silly.
>
> This is your situation. But many of our users will first try 10 or more
> dockapps and then keep those they like, without removing the others from
> their system. Also, being finely grained is a good thing, but packages
> in the 50-200 KB range are maybe a bit too finely grained, especially if
> there are many of them.

There has already been such a discussion about GNOME applets
that Christian Marillat wanted to package.

I recalled that everyone agreed that neither having one package per
applet nor all applets in one package was a solution.

The accepted solution was to run a popularity contest about them
and to package the most popular ones.

--
Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org